Name: Immanuel Wallerstein
Position: Senior Research Scientist, Sociology
Organisation: Department of Sociology, Yale University
- B.A. at Columbia University(1951)
- M.A. at Columbia University(1954)
- Ph.D. at Columbia University(1959)
- Former President of the International Sociological Association (1994-1998)
- Chair of the International Gulbenkian Commission on the Restructuring of the Social Sciences (1993-1995)
- Writing in three domains of world-systems analysis: the historical development of the modern world-system; the contemporary crisis of the capitalist world-economy; the structures of knowledge – Books in each of these domains include respectively The Modern World-System (4 vols.); Utopistics, or Historical Choices for the Twenty-first Century; and Unthinking Social Science: The Limits of Nineteenth-Century Paradigms.’
Articles:Immanuel Wallerstein-Land_Space_and_People_Constraints_of_the_Capitalis (322.0 KB) 2019-09-16 Author: Immanuel Wallerstein.
Immanuel Wallerstein-Structural Crises (62.4 KB) 2019-09-16 Author: Immanuel Wallerstein.
Immanuel Wallerstein-The World Social Forum From Defense to Offense (45.7 KB) 2019-09-16 Author: Immanuel Wallerstein.
Raúl Zibechi-An Interview with Immanuel Wallerstein 2007 (121.9 KB) 2019-09-16 Author: Immanuel Wallerstein.
Immanuel Wallerstein-Structural Crisis in the World system (380.2 KB) 2019-09-16 Author: Immanuel Wallerstein.