Name: Rolien Hoyng
Position: Assistant Professor (Visiting)
Organisation: Department of Cultural Studies, Lingnan University
She is one of the founding members of the Global University for Sustainability.
- Faculty member at the Department of Cultural Studies at Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- MA from the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- PhD from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Her work is primarily situated in Istanbul and Hong Kong. It explores digital information technologies in relation to urban governance as well as practices of resistance. Topics she writes about include information infrastructures and digital environmental governmentality, e-waste, digital labor, and the socio- technical networks of emerging forms of activism and dissent
- Profile page on academia.edu : https://ln.academia.edu/rolienhoyng
ArticlesSSFS8 Programme @20210708 (51.7 KB) 2021-07-10
SSFS8 Programme @20210702 (50.5 KB) 2021-07-02
SSFS8 Programme @20210618 (48.9 KB) 2021-06-18
SSFS8 Programme @20210614 (49.5 KB) 2021-06-14
Censorship and Conspiracy Theories Rule the Day in Post-election Turkey (295.6 KB) 2015-11-03 Author: Murat Es,Rolien Hoyng.
Umbrella Revolution: the Academy Reflects on Hong Kong’s Struggle (213.1 KB) 2014-10-02 Author: Murat Es, Rolien Hoyng.
'Everywhere is Taksim!': Turkey Uprising Is Transforming Political Alliances (967.6 KB) 2013-06-24 Author: Murat Es,Rolien Hoyng.
Popping up and Fading out: Participatory Networks and Istanbul's Creative City Project (551.6 KB) 2012-01-01 Author: Rolien Hoyng.
For more papers written by Rolien, please visit her profile page on academia.edu: https://ln.academia.edu/rolienhoyng