Name: Lau Kin Chi
Position: Associate Professor
Organisation: Lingnan University
- Associate Professor teaching Cultural Studies at Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- Member of the International Board of Peace Women Across the Globe (PWAG)
- Co-chair of the Executive Committee of Asian Regional Exchange for New Alternatives (ARENA)
- Vice-president of World Forum for Alternatives (WFA)
- Having edited/co-edited books includingGlobalizing Resistance; Shaping Our Future: Asian Pacific People’s Convergence; China Reflected;Colours of Peace: Stories of 108 Women in China; Resurgent Patriarchies: Challenges for Women’s Movements in Asia;Beyond the Financial Crisis: People’s Responses and Alternatives in Action; The Masked Knight: Collection of Writings of Sub-Commander Marcos; Subaltern Studies. She has also produced documentary films on peacewomen in China.
She is one of the founding members of the Global University for Sustainability.
Articles:Issa Shivji_A giant of an African intellectual the dedicated and committed socialist (14.4 KB) 2018-08-20
Lau Kin Chi_Celebrating the love and vision of a communist of the heart - Samir Amin (24.2 KB) 2018-08-20
Lau Kin Chi-The Korean Peace Treaty as a major step to reverse the arms race in Northeast Asia (108.6 KB) 2018-06-06
The Rhetoric and Reality of the TPP (203.5 KB) 2017-10-03
One Belt, One Road (164.6 KB) 2017-10-03
The Tyranny of Monopoly Finance Capital (295.7 KB) 2017-10-03
Re-organizing Peasant Labour for Local Resilience in China (183.3 KB) 2017-10-03
Agenda WFA TWF at Tunis 2015 English REV (20.0 KB) 2016-11-03
1000 Women and a Dream -- negotiating peace and gender politics (130.4 KB) 2015-07-29 Author: Chan Shun Hing, Lau Kin Chi.
Women and Peace Work rooted in the Ordinary (170.9 KB) 2015-07-29 Author: Lau Kin Chi.
Economic representation and subjectification -- China and Modernization (380.7 KB) 2015-07-29 Author: Lau Kin Chi.
The Politics of “Asia” -- Beyond the Discourse of Modernization (470.9 KB) 2015-07-29 Author: Lau Kin Chi.
“Plant Some Plants, Plant Some Hope, Plant Some Future”. Urban Gardening at Lingnan University of Hong Kong: An Interview with Prof. Kin-Chi Lau (293.6 KB) 2015-07-08 Author: Lau Kin Chi.
China’s Stock Market Crash and Alternatives (361.8 KB) 2015-07-06 Author: Global University for Sustainability.
The Movement in Egypt: A Dialogue with Samir Amin (673.6 KB) 2015-03-24 Author: Wang Hui, Wen Tiejun, Lau Kin Chi.
The Development Trap of Financial Capitalism (305.8 KB) 2015-03-24 Author: Wang Hui, Wen Tiejun, Lau Kin Chi.
Sustainability with Ecological and Economic Justice in China (394.2 KB) 2015-03-11 Author: Lau Kin Chi.
Facing the Domination of Financial Capital (302.8 KB) 2015-01-01 Author: Rémy Herrera,Lau Kin Chi.
Reflections through a local lens on Muto Ichiyo’s ideas of alternative practices: a Hong Kong perspective (182.1 KB) 2013-03-18 Author: Hui Po Keung,Lau Kin Chi.
Women and Peace Economics (123.3 KB) 2013-01-01 Author: Lau Kin Chi.
1 2 Next »
This post is also available in 简体中文.