Name: Boaventura de Sousa Santos
Position: Professor of Sociology
Organisation: University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- Professor of Sociology at University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- Distinguished Legal Scholar at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Granted an LL.M and J.S.D. from Yale University and holding the Degree of Doctor of Laws, Honoris Causa, by McGill University
- Director of the Center for Social Studies at the University of Coimbra
- Having written and published widely on the issues of globalization, sociology of law and the state, epistemology, social movements and the World Social Forum
- Having been awarded several prizes, most recently the Science and Technology Prize of Mexico, 2010, and the Kalven Jr. Prize of the Law and Society Association, 2011
- His most recent project – ALICE: Leading Europe to a New Way of Sharing the World Experiences – is funded by an Advanced Grant of the European Research Council (ERC), one of the most prestigious and highly competitive international financial institutes for scientific excellence in Europe. The project was initiated in July 2011 and will continue for the next five years
- Having published widely on globalization, sociology of law and the state, epistemology, democracy, and human rights in Portuguese, Spanish, English, Italian, French, German, and Chinese
Articles:Boaventura de Sousa Santos_The Tragic Transparency of the Virus (125.9 KB) 2020-04-15 Author: Boaventura de Sousa Santos.
Boaventura_Portugal as a strategic target of the far right_17August2019 (134.2 KB) 2019-08-22 Author: Boaventura de Sousa Santos.
Boaventura The left and Catalonia Final26Set2017-1 (27.3 KB) 2017-10-03 Author: Boaventura de Sousa Santos.
Chavez: The legacy and the challenges (53.7 KB) 2016-07-04 Author: Boaventura de Sousa Santos.