Name: Pedro Páez
Title: Superintendent for Market Power Control. PhD. in Economics from the University of Texas. Master in Economics from the University of Texas. Master in Development and Economic Politics from FLACSO
Organisation: Superintendence for Market Power Control – Ecuadorian Antitrust Agency
He is one of the founding members of the Global University for Sustainability.
- Technician at Central Bank of Ecuador
- University professor of undergraduate and graduate (in Ecuador, the U.S. and France) for decades.
- Former Minister for the Coordination of Economic Policy for Ecuador,
- President of the Ecuadorian Technical Commission for the New Regional Financial Architecture
- Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of the Republic of Ecuador in the Government Special Mission for the topics of the New Financial International Architecture
- Deputy Minister of Finance, member of the Commission United Nations experts on the Global Financial Crisis, chaired by Joseph Stiglitz and the Paris Group convened by the Presidency of the G20 in 2011
- Currently a member of Plan International and Phoenix Consensus Barcelona, among others activists and intellectuals.
- Currently, Superintendent for Market Power Control.
Articles:Up from the South: New Models and New Directions (1.8 MB) 2016-07-14 Author: Pedro Paez.
A required New Pragmatism to exit of the current Crisis of Civilization: A Latin American view (1.7 MB) 2016-07-14 Author: Pedro Paez.
Latin Ameircan Construction and Structural Crisis (2.0 MB) 2016-07-23 Author: Pedro Páez.
Latin American Construction and Structural Crisis (2.0 MB) 2016-10-22 Author: Pedro Páez.
Crisis, Economy, Theory