Name: Michel Bauwens
Organisation: Activist, Director and Founder of the P2P Foundation
He is one of the founding members of the Global University for Sustainability.
- Founder and director of the P2P Foundation and works in collaboration with a global group of researchers in the exploration of peer production, governance, and property. Bauwens travels extensively giving workshops and lectures on P2P and the Commons as emergent paradigms and the opportunities they present to move towards a post-capitalist world.
- In the first semester of 2014, Bauwens was research director of the floksociety.org which produced the first integrated Commons Transition Plan for the government of Ecuador, in order to create policies for a ‘social knowledge economy’.
- In January 2015 CommonsTransition.org was launched. Commons Transition builds on the work of the FLOK Society and features newly revised and updated, non-region specific versions of these policy documents. Commons Transition aims toward a society of the Commons that would enable a more egalitarian, just, and environmentally stable world.
- He is a founding member of the Commons Strategies Group, with Silke Helfrich and David Bollier, who have organised major global conferences on the commons and economics. http://commonsandeconomics.org
- His recent book ‘Save the world – Towards a Post Capitalist Society with P2P’ is based on a series of interviews with Jean Lievens, originally published in Dutch in 2014 it has since been translated and published in French with an English language publication expected in the near future http://www.samkinsley.com/2015/03/31/to-save-the-world-preface-by-bernard-stiegler-for-michel-bauwens-new-book/
- In more academic work Michel co-authored with Vasilis Kostakis ‘Network Society and Future Scenarios for a Collaborative Economy’ published by Palgrave Pivot in 2014. http://p2pfoundation.net/Network_Society_and_Future_Scenarios_for_a_Collaborative_Economy
- He has also writen for Al Jazeera and Open Democracy. He is listed at #82, on the Post Growth Institute (En)Rich list. http://enrichlist.org/the-list/
Articles:Michael Bauwens_Jose Ramos_Awakening to an Ecology of the Commons (679.9 KB) 2020-07-07 Author: Michael Bauwens and Jose Ramos.
Michael Bauwens_A Commons-Based Peer To Peer Path to Post-Capitalism (774.7 KB) 2020-07-07 Author: Michael Bauwens.
Commons Transition: Policy Proposals for an Open Knowledge Commons Society (1.6 MB) 2016-07-06 Author: P2P Foundation (Including Michel Bauwens).
Towards a New Reconfiguration Among the State, Civil Society and the Market (108.1 KB) 2015-07-29 Author: Michel Bauwens,Vasilis Kostakis.
From the Communism of Capital to Capital for the Commons: Towards an Open Co-operativism (167.2 KB) 2014-07-29 Author: Michel Bauwens, Vasilis Kostakis.
More Information of P2P Foundation:
Please support my work for the P2P Foundation with for example a donation in Bitcoin:
The introduction of P2P Foundation: https://www.scribd.com/doc/255426317/What-Does-the-P2P-Foundation-Do-2015