Name: Gian Carlo Delgado-Ramos
Title: Doctor (PhD)
Organisation: Interdisciplinary Research Centre on Sciences and Humanities, National Autonomous University of Mexico.
He is one of the founding members of the Global University for Sustainability.
- Economist with a mater degree on “Ecological Economics and Environmental Management”
- Graduated with a degree in economics from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
- Granted Master and PhD in Ecological Economics, Environmental Management, and Environmental Sciences by the Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
- Full time researcher at the research program on “City, management, territory and environtment” of the Interdisciplinary Research Centre on Sciences and Humanities of UNAM
- Member of the National Research System of the National Science and Technology Council (CONACYT), Mexico
- Research interest: political ecology of natural resources (energy, minerals, water); urbanization processes, climate change and the political ecology of the built environment; and social, etical and environmental implications of novel innovations (nanotechnology).
- Granted the Mexican Academy of Sciences Research Prize on Social Sciences– 2014 and the National University Prize for Young Researchers – 2011
- Lead-author of Chapter 12, Group III, of the 5th Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Articles:Remote Sensing of Sustainable Rural-Urban Land Use in Mexico City: A Qualitative Analysis for Reliability and Validity (8.1 MB) 2015-09-25 Author: Juan Miguel Rodríguez López, Pablo Rosso, Jürgen Scheffran and Gian Carlo Delgado Ramos.
New Latin American Perspectives on Sustainable and Low Carbon Societies (3.2 MB) 2015-03-24 Author: Gian Carlo Delgado.
Cities, Management, Territory and Environment (175.3 KB) 2015-03-24 Author: Gian Carlo Delgado.
Water and the political ecology of urban metabolism: the case of Mexico City (532.4 KB) 2015-03-24 Author: Gian Carlo Delgado.
THE COMMON GOOD OF HUMANITY (1.4 MB) 2015-03-24 Author: Gian Carlo Delgado.