Name: Dai Jinhua
Organisation: Institute of Comparative Literature and Culture, Peking University
She is one of the founding members of the Global University for Sustainability.
- Born in 1959, Beijing
- Educated in the Department of Chinese Literature, Peking University
- Former Associate Professor at the Beijing Film Academy before assuming professorship at the Institute of Comparative Literature and Culture and directorship of the Center for Film and Cultural Studies at Peking University
- Having long been engaged in the New Rural Reconstruction Movement and the Green movement
- Author of more than ten scholarly monographs
- Her works have been translated into English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Korean. Her literary, film and TV commentary have addressed an expanding audience in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong over the last decades.
Articles:Dai Jinhua and Teng Wei_Dialogue on the Centenary of the Russian Revolution (259.6 KB) 2017-10-05
Coordinates, Confusions, and Cultural Studies (233.4 KB) 2012-03-14 Author: Dai Jinhua.
I Want to Be Human: A Story of China and the Human (1.4 MB) 2011-12-14 Author: Dai Jinhua (Translated by Shuang Shen).
Hou Hsiao-Hsien’s films: pursuing and escaping history (91.2 KB) 2008-06-17 Author: Dai Jinhua (Translated by Zhang Jingyuan).
Order/Anti-Order: Representation of Identity in Hong Kong Action Movies (231.1 KB) 2005-03-14 Author: Dai Jinhua.
Class and Gender (220.2 KB) 2003-01-01 Author: Dai Jinhua.
Behind Global Spectacle and National Image Making (141.3 KB) 2001-03-14 Author: Dai Jinhua.
Imagined Nostalgia (1.5 MB) 1997-09-14 Author: Dai Jinhua.